Monday, June 14, 2010

3 Cheese Grilled Cheese



Ever get tired of the regular old yellow-cheddar grilled cheese sandwich? I know I do.  I have soo many different ways of spicing it up--add tomatoes, pesto, seasonings, etc.  But really a creative grilled cheese sandwich starts with the most basic ingredients: cheese and bread.  REALLY? In the words of Soup-Host Joel McHale, "Do you just commute to Oxford while you compete in Miss USA?!" Actually, yes, I commute to Oxford while carrying fancy cheese and bread under my arm.  Thank you for asking.

This grilled cheese recipe really takes the metaphorical cake: its bread is crunchy and soft simultaneously, and the mixture of three of my favorite cheeses--sharp cheddar, blue, and brie--make for a sandwich loaded with flavory, chewy layers.

A word on the delicious bread I call for in this recipe: the bread pictured here is not your average whole wheat, healthy, hearty, yummy bread, but rather a special loaf from Whole Foods called "Seeduction Bread."  Get it? SEEDuction? Or as my friend John refers to it, "Bird Seed Bread!" It's a bread loaded with seeds, and oh-so-mealt-in-your-mouth-amazing.  Michael introduced me to the loaf, and I will never go back. Trust me, you have to try it.  Seeduction retails for $4.50-ish and definitely worth the extra dollar or so.  Use Seeduction for this Clearly Delicious treat, or try it on some other sandwich.  You will definitely be impressed!

3 Cheese Grilled Cheese
Although I call for Seeduction Bread and a brie/blue/cheddar combination, feel free to mix-up this recipe as you see fit.  Really, any 3-cheese combo in a 1:1:1 ratio will work great here and so will any bread.  But...Seeduction just takes it to the next level.  THANK YOU Michael for showing me the light at the end of a loafy bready tunnel!


Ingredients:
* 2 slices Seeduction Bread
* 3 ounces cheese: 1 ounce brie, 1 ounce cheddar, 1 ounce blue

Special Equipment:
Foreman Grill

1.) First, pick out your favorite cheeses.  Mine are the blue-brie-cheddar combo pictured here.


2.) Then, pick out 2 slices of the amazing seeduction bread.


3.) Third, slice up your cheese accordingly and stack on the bread.


4.) Press together and grill on a Foreman Grill.


5.) Wait until both sides are golden brown and the cheese is all gooey...yum.  Plate and serve!

Subscribe to Clearly Delicious by Email

No comments:

Post a Comment