Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Bit of Vegan Deliciousness at Whole Foods


Primarily, Clearly Delicious is a food and cooking blog dedicated to those recipes that I make at home.  Yet, there are times when I just can't help but share the delicious foods I encounter in other kitchens.  This Saturday, I ran several errands with Brigitte (yes, THE BRIGITTE), one of which was running to Whole Foods for a very specific list of ingredients for both of our kitchens.  You see, Brigitte is a vegan (doesn't eat meat, dairy products, or anything that comes from an animal to be exact!) and can only find many of her favorite foods at this specialty store.  Although shopping at Whole Foods can be enormously expensive, I think Brigitte has really mastered her shopping experience there.  She knows what foods are on what aisles, and when shopping, prepares her grocery list by aisle! No lie! Have you ever heard of such grocery prowess?!

For lunch, we ordered foods from the Whole Foods deli.  Since I was shopping with a vegan, I decided to eat vegan for lunch (which, contrary to popular belief, can be VERY delicious).  Below are a couple of photos of my nutritional experience--an eggplant salad tossed with herbs, sweet peppers, and a light marinade (YUM), kung pao tofu, and well, a nonvegan cupcake.  I couldn't help myself.  It was vanilla with buttercream icing shaped like flowers.  It had me at the artistry, then it had me with the promise of buttercream icing.  It was so fabulous, I am now in search of this recipe.  If anyone has ANY IDEA what recipe the whole foods pastry department uses in their cupcakes, PLEASE send it my way.  It was by far amazing.


First, this is 1/2 lb of eggplant salad:



Then, 1/2 lb of kung pao tofu:


Finally, the amazing cupcake of which I am now in search of the recipe:


Subscribe to Clearly Delicious by Email

No comments:

Post a Comment