Monday, January 18, 2010

Birthday Notes & Other Delicious Treats


Last night, I, hands down, had such a fabulous birthday.  Last year, I invited a slur of people for what was dubbed, "the little black dress party."  We had so many people in my condo that no one could sit down if they wanted to! Although every girl wants to feel special on the day she graced the world with her presence, it just wasn't what I wanted this year.  Tonight, I wanted something more casual and intimate with close friends.  I wanted to actually eat the food we cooked together instead of running around filling drinks and not knowing half the people who came to my shindig.

Last night was just that--about 10 of my favorite people and me crowded around the dinner table for a real Indian dinner: curry chicken over basmanti rice, samosas (vegan and chicken), garlic buttery na'an, citrus mango cous cous, green tea with citrus and vodka, and last and not least--chocolate, chocolate cake made by my awesome friend Kris!

I will be posting the best of last night's recipes on here (primarily, the cake, the drinks, and the cous cous),but until then, I thought I would share photos of the food and the people that made my 24th birthday such a fantastic time.

First, the menu:

Chicken and Spinach Samosas courtesy of Tyler Florence at Food Network.  Recipe can be found here.


Chicken Curry from Tyler Florence at Food Network.  Recipe can be found here.


Green Tea with Citrus, Vodka, and Bacardi.  Yum! Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentis at Food Network.  Recipe can be found here.

Finally, my awesome friends:

Left: Me with Erin; Right: The Mecholskies!!!! Ellen, Kris, and Baby Elisa :).


Left: Ali and Erin; Right: "Cake Man" (Kris) and Me 


Right: Sam & Lucy Abigail Goo ("Snarfleton"); Left: Lucy & Sam


Recurring Food Blog Model Joe "Danger Gregory" as Right: Confused?; Left: Mr. Clean!


Finally, last but not least, my greyhound Eve!

Subscribe to Clearly Delicious by Email

1 comment: